Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just a little Mayo?

I hate it when someone tries to tell me I should try to eat something that has mayonnaise on it by telling me that it has "just a little bit of mayo on it". Seriously? My response to them is to ask if they would eat something that has, "just a little dog shit on it". It's gross and the quantity doesn't really make it okay. Mayonnaise has a taste and texture that is repulsive. Put it on my burger, or in my turkey sandwich, and I'm going to know it's their and might just vomit after taking the first bite. And no, I can't just scrape it off the bun. If mayo has touched it, it's contaminated and needs to go straight into the trash. Please refer back to my dog shit comment and guess if it would be okay to scrape it off. And why is it that some people think that mayo is such an important ingredient that I couldn't possibly like the food prepared without it? Potato salad? Better without mayo. Tuna Sandwich? Better without mayo. Macaroni salad? Use a goddamn vinaigrette and it'll be a million times better. What's not to get? But it's a good binder; it holds the ingredients together. Please refer back one more time to my dog shit comment. If you needed your tuna fish and relish to stay together and dog shit was the effing ingredient that did the trick it wouldn't matter how much I used you wouldn't eat it.

Mayonnaise sucks!...even in small doses.

2 comments:

  1. I apologize for this angry post. I was in a bad place that day. Still my points were pretty valid...just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tuna made with hummus is really good.

    ReplyDelete