Sunday, February 17, 2013

Taking One for the Team

So sometimes you are in a social situation where mayonnaise rears its ugly head and you have to make a decision.  Do I eat something laced with mayo to avoid making a scene, or offending someone? Or do I snub my nose in complete disgust and storm out of the room insulted to even be placed in the same room as the disgusting substance?  As much as I would love to do the latter, I unfortunately recently felt obligated to do the former.  Yep, I ate a mayonnaise sandwich...

I walked into a lunch meeting with a client to find a small platter of sandwiches from the deli.  Bought by the client for our meeting.  Well with only four others in the room, skipping a sandwich today would not have gone unnoticed.  So I grabbed a turkey, inspected it, and swallowed the bile that had worked it's way up from my upset stomach, to see that the bread was loaded with mayonnaise...on both sides!

So being the consummate professional that I am, and in the best interest of the team, I took down this mayo-monster like Joey Chestnut taking down hot dogs.  I'd like to say it wasn't that bad, but the reality is that it was pretty bad.  At one point the mayo squished out the front of the sandwich, so that the following bite was almost all mayonnaise...awesome.

So do I regret my decision? Not really.  Sometimes you just have to man up and take one for the team.  Just another day in the life of a mayo-h8er!

No comments:

Post a Comment